This is an advanced course about the design and analysis of algorithms. The main topics covered in this course are:
- Randomized algorithms and probabilistic analysis
- Amortized analysis
- Coping with NP-hard problems
- Exponential-time algorithms
- Fixed-parameter tractable algorithms
- Approximation algorithms
|Tue Feb 14||Mid-term exam (in class)|
|Thu Mar 30||Extra-long class|
|Thu Apr 6||Final exam (in class)|
|Alina Shaikhet||Tuesday 10:00–12:00|
|Pat Morin||Thursday 11:00–12:00 (or by appointment)|
- Assignment 1 is due Wednesday January 25th
There is no formal textbook for this course. I will add reading material here soon.
The notes here are created by me when preparing for class. I do appreciate it if you point out any errors you find in them.