How to use NetBeans for COMP 2402
- Download and install the latest version of NetBeans. For this course, the basic Java SE version is perfect.
- Run NetBeans and create a new Java project.
- Call it "Assignment1" and place it in the folder you use for the course.
- Do not create a main class. We will use the ones in the assignment source.
- Download the source code for the assignment and extract it to
- The new files should automatically appear in NetBeans.
- Create a test file called
test.txt and place it in the
- In the toolbar, expand the drop-down menu that says "<default config>" and choose "Customize...".
- Change the main class to the class you want to run (we'll pick
Part0 here) and enter
test.txt for the argument.
- Run the project (from the toolbar or by pressing F6). The output should appear.
- You're good to go!
Copyright © 2013 Sander Verdonschot
The text of this tutorial is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
The arrow icon was created by VisualPharm, used under a Creative Commons BY-ND 3.0 license.